Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Twist on Tex-Mex

I recently got to go to Sago Modern Mexican restaurant, which is nestled in a new condo development in Austin called The Triangle. This restaurant puts a twist on Tex-Mex dishes such as enchiladas, which are served with beef brisket, roasted chipotle-guajillo sauce and fresh Mexican white cheese. Personally, I was in the mood for something with some crunch, so I got pork gorditas. This dish is served as two corn empanadas stuffed with shredded pork shoulder, onion, spices, cilantro and Mexican white cheese. As a side, I got cilantro-honey rice (talk about unique!) and classic charro beans. Once I devoured the gorditas, I wasn't shy about ordering dessert! Especially because the sopapillas, warm fried tortillas lightly drizzled with agave nectar and dusted with a bit of cinnamon were simply irresistible.


Of course the food was not the only thing that made my heart flutter. I was quite impressed with the overall look and feel of the decor. Like this mirrored tile wall below--WOW! Also I like that they used a bright hot pink and tangerine orange color scheme on the walls. However, the birch wood tones and white leather really tones down these punchy colors. Take a look below:





















All pictures provided by Sago Modern Mexican restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment